Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tropical Mural with the Moyers!

Commissions can be my favorite pieces to create. Commissioned art is when I get to help my client create a reality out of their vision and imagination. Nothing is sweeter than the satisfaction of knowing I successfully accomplished this task.

The Moyers (Dr. Joe and wife Barbara) were considering adding to their already very unique and artistic home with a mural on a 10 by 10 wall space, 20ft high. Their family is inspired by tropical birds, music and using the art around them to keep the memories of their favorite place, Hawaii, alive in their hearts. When I visited their home I was greeted by many original works painted right onto their walls!
I wanted to create something that would touch each member of the family and also offer them something truly "one of a kind." I sketched out a beautiful cove with pristine water in the background and a mountain landscape. In the foreground, a few trees with their favorite tropical birds. A ukulele was painted in leaning against one of the trees to honor Dr. Moyers love of music and amazing collection of ukulele's he has acquired. The icing on the cake for this mural was an added 3-D affect with a bird cage, a small tiki face and two birds perched on the limbs of the trees. I hope you enjoy the pictures! Love, Kim














No comments:

Post a Comment